I’m sure you guys have heard of the bucket list – a list of things to accomplish before you expire. Obviously, I can’t spend the entirety of my life watching and writing about Japanese cartoons. I will have to work a full-time job after I finish college, and might opt to devote my spare time to something more productive, like family, business or charity.
In preparation for that time of my life, I, @fkeroge, have prepared a list of anime/otaku-related things to do before I kick the anime bucket (or if I’m really unfortunate, the bucket). This list will contain both accomplished and unaccomplished goals in my life as an anime fan and will be updated regularly. I’m nineteen years old, and there’s so much I want to do in my life than to finish my education and work a boring job until I die, and this is the anime side of it.
This is a new collaboration project that I want to start. If you want to participate, feel free to do so. You can also link here so I can link back to your page. The rules are simple. Just list down 20-25 anime-related things that you want to do before you kick the anime bucket. It can be an anime you want to watch, figures you want to collect, articles you want to write, or events you want to attend. If enough people participate, I’ll create a new page for this project.
*Note that the things in your list must be possible to accomplish as of the moment of writing – so no anime that haven’t been aired/announced yet, no unannounced figures/figure lines, etc. You may only include things that you yourself have control over (no “living to see all games that Key will publish” for example). Assume that money is not an issue.*
- Finish at least 500 anime series. (in progress)
- Master Japanese and have a normal conversation with a Japanese person. (in progress)
- Watch anime raw and understand it. (accomplished)
- Go to Japan and visit some notable places like Honnouji, Shibuya and Akihabara.
- Start an anime-related business.
- Learn how to draw anime-style. (in progess)
- Buy at least one Clannad figurine (so rare these days).
- Complete the Madoka Magica Figma set. (accomplished)
- Complete the GSC Madoka Magica statue line, including that Ultimate Madoka statue. (in progress)
- See the K-On! movie. (accomplished)
- See all the Madoka Magica movies.
- See all the Nanoha movies. (In progress)
- See Mars of Destruction.
- Buy at least one copy of a visual novel. (accomplished)
- Write a proper Madoka Magica review.
- Write a proper Clannad (and Clannad AS) review.
- Become an established anime blogger before I retire.
- Do a Vocaloid cover, preferably Aku no Meshitsukai or Hajimete no Oto.
- Go to a Hatsune Miku concert.
- Meet an anime voice actor/actress, preferably Mamiko Noto, Chiwa Saito or Norio Wakamoto.
- Meet Jun Maeda, Gen Urobuchi and/or Akiyuki Shinbou.
- Attend Comiket and buy yuri doujinshi from the makers themselves.
- Do something to raise awareness on the positive side of anime culture here in my home country (recommending anime to friends, etc). (in progress)
So that’s it. What do you want to do before you kick that anime bucket?