The second of a series of ruthless posts!
Metanorn – what kind of a site name is this anyway? Is it like how Baka-Raptor said it is and Atlus just beat them to the name Metatron? In any case, I can think of at least 5 titles that would work better for this site:
- Ambivalence, or is it Ambiguity? – Because that’s the best blog title in the universe. Too bad we already own it.
- Ornament – This is a perfect anagram of Metanorn. It is also a perfect descripion of what the site is, a super-colorful decoration.
- Ante Norm – Another cool anagram which means “Before the Norm” or “Normal Forced Bet in Poker”.
- Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Raguel, Sariel, Remiel, Zadkiel, Jophiel, Hamiel and/or Chamuel – If you’re going to use an angel as your blog title, why not include all of the Jewish Archangels? Or better yet, just name your blog Archangel, or an anagram of it, because anagrams are AWESOME!
- 2 123936 260602 The blog seems to like bar codes. Why not go all out and use a real bar code instead of a silly name like Metanorn?
Most of the posts in Metanorn are episodic posts. Oh, come on. Episodic posts? I mean, really? Who does this nowadays? Oh, right. We do. Well, at least we have the decency to stop posting about shows that suck (aka Twilight Maiden of Amnesia and Cute Boys Fishing) and dream of an impossible future.
Still not convinced that episodics that aren’t in AOIA suck? Just look at this post of theirs about Mysterious Girlfriend X. One short post, nine images. Okay. It’s my personal and flawless policy to insert an image every two to four paragraphs, but we see Metanorn using up to four in between one single paragraph. Image spam, much?
In between episodics, these guys post about random
anime-related stuff. They have podcasts, real world event coverages, and a fanfic post featuring a genderbent me holding a bloody piece of wood. I’M NO YANDERE! AHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAGHAHAHGAGAAHA! ▄▄▅▅▂▅▂▂▃!!!
Lastly, their site is probably one of the most confusing (and painful) contraptions that I’ve seen in my 18 years of life. Aside from the fact that you can get an epileptic seizure from looking at the site, the colors are all so intense that my eyes turned to jelly. Bright blue on black. Right. Not to mention the fact that Jormungand, a terrible anime, is in the gif slideshow. The buttons below it don’t provide much help, either.
With all of these facts gathered, I therefore conclude that Metanorn is a great site. It’s painful to look at, but at least it does offer a lot of different content. The staff was also kind enough to offer us a place in their podcast, making them awesome people. If you were to pick another site aside from AOIA to vote for in the tourney, consider voting for Metanorn as well. I give Metanorn my personal MABL (MyAnimeBlogList) rating of 6.