As you all know, Episode 11 has been delayed due to the situation over to Japan. While we wish for Japan’s revival, I’d like to write about the small details in Puella Magi Madoka Magica that seem hardly mentioned.
- Why is it that she is supposedly the strongest Mahou Shoujo out there? For what reason? Does anything show that she is stronger than the others? A personality trait, perhaps? If so, couldn’t – and shouldn’t – there be even stronger Mahou Shoujo out there?
- She’s supposedly named after Artemis. Any significance?
- Did Kyubey cause her accident in the car? Since he appears ever so conveniently.
- Does anyone notice she’s gone at all? We’ve seen that she has a family, she has friends other than Madoka, and of course, we’ve seen her ties to Kamijou, yet we don’t really see anything , any response to her disappearance. Not even from Hitomi.
- We never get to know what Hitomi tells Kamijou, and neither does Sayaka. She could have been telling him about Sayaka’s devotion, which makes her corruption even more tragic.
- What happened to her body in the end? Supposing Kyoko took and store it. Doesn’t it decompose?
- Is she from this time? The show is set in 2011, with enough fancy gadgetry and technology we’d never see today. Yet her Japanese and back-story hints of something earlier than the 21st century. Especially the story of her family which seems to suggest a Victorian-era setting, or something like what we see in Spice & Wolf.
- If keeping the Soul Gem pure stops the girl from dying, will keeping it pure long enough keep the person alive forever? Following the above theory about her timeline, could it not be possible for her to come from that era?
- Since all her family members are dead, how can she find a place to stay? How does she have any money at all? And how did she get em’ apples?
- How many timelines has she gone through?
- If she stole weapons in one timeline, does she have to steal them every timeline? I can imagine what that mob might do when they find their weapons missing. . . .
- Why does Homura live alone? And in such a weird house?
- Is she related to the Walpurgisnacht? Gears and whatnot being her trademark (time control)
- We’ve seen how he’s some sort of alien from another world. If so, is there someone behind the scenes, pulling all the strings? Could he/she/it be planning an even greater plot – possibly unbeknownst to him? Given his shaky explanation for why they need Mahou Shoujos to become witches so as to fight the heat death of the universe and whatnot.
- How many of him….are there?
- How was the first witch formed? Assuming all mahou shoujo turn into witches, and their purpose is to slay witches, how did witches appear to begin with? Were they created by Kyubey’s race?
- Are the girls’ downfalls a direct result of making their respective wishes? Seeing as how things might have been better had they not made their wishes at all.
- Are the production crew members fucking with our heads, or are we doing the head-fucking for them?