There were moments as a fledgling blogger where I tried to come up with as many posts as possible to get readers. Needless to say, most of these posts didn’t really amount to much, but just as how Confucius said we gain wisdom by reflection, I felt it to be necessary to revisit these old posts, even if they were really, really embarrassing on retrospect. So without further ado, let’s get crackin’.
As a foreword, I really disliked most of my pre-September posts. Most of them were contrived and created as a result, a compulsion to post something in order to get readers. Back then my only readers were scarletdevilmansion and Fabrice, with occasional comments from schoolmates, so you can roughly understand that allure of having more readers to a fledgling blogger. Well , here we go.
Weekly columns: I believe Ryanime talked about trying to spice up his posts to get more readers. Well, I have tried writing these columns too, but as much as they were steaming piles of detarame, just like Rio: Rainbow Gate, they might have been lulzy…
-Strangely Addictive – It was even introduced in its first post as a straightforward way to make filler posts, no fancy language whatsoever. This was from the times in which I churned out one post per day. SA consisted of posting something I
felt was truly ‘strangely addictive’ knew was interesting in some way but was in no way ‘addictive’ whatsoever. I’ll be straightforward folks, it was nothing more than a poorly conceived idea for a filler post.
- Posts: Strangely Addictive 01: Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Ni Hao Nyan Goujasu Derishasu Deculture! , Strangely Addictive 02: Sakuya’s laugh , Strangely Addictive 03: I’m Awesome ,Strangely Addictive 04: Special Version , Strangely Addictive 05: Night of Nights , Strangely Addictive 06: You’re a Pirate, Strangely Addictive 07: Franken Fran/Love letter to the Internet
Except for the last one which I vaguely recall putting effort on, the other 6 were failures, since , well, I’m not addicted to any of those at all now.
-Sadomasochism: As wrong as the title may sound, it was an attempt to see the anime I liked from the eyes of a critic. Needless to say, this was even more fail than Strangely Addictive, since I only managed to churn out a measly 3 posts before just allowing it to die.
- Posts:Sadomasochism 1, Sadomasochism 2 – Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sadomasochism 3 – Hanamaru Youchien
You can see by the last Sadomasochism post I had already given up completely on this column. And thus ended my very last attempt at writing a weekly column.
–Filler posts: Note this separate section for filler posts. Why? If the above posts were normal filler posts, these would be the GODS of fillerpostdom. These posts were so bad, so much a waste of time that I honestly wonder what had been going through my mind at the time I wrote them.
Prime examples :
- https://ambivalen.wordpress.com/2010/05/10/this-is-probably-the-best-thing-to-happen-to-me-this-week/ – Posts like these ran rampant. Most of them were just ripped off from other websites which posted about news, examples of which include Moetron.org, and the racist ,sexist anti-China website revolving around triangles.
- https://ambivalen.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/hell-yeah/ – This has got to be a damned waste of time. Some posts took literally less than a minute to write, because they were so darn stupid.
- https://ambivalen.wordpress.com/2010/04/13/i-would-have-liked-to-post-a-funny-title-here-but-due-to-my-lack-in-inspiration-this-will-be-a-nothing-but-a-meaningless-post-based-on-something-i-bought/ This is an example of another stupid post. It’s also very straightforward.
- https://ambivalen.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/on-the-recent-spate-of-writers-block-syndrome/ Back then I kept complaining about having writer’s block, but I grew some balls and got over it. It occurred to me that as an aniblogger, I should watch anime more. And I did.
- Posts about ISML and other boring matters
–Stupid post titles. I started with using Latin phrases for my titles among other stupid names. After all, AOIA was a personal blog at first, so I didn’t think much about it. But then it started spilling over into my anime posts, and when I finally dedicated AOIA to anime blogging, it was still an issue, which wasn’t fixed all the way until July/ August, much thanks to helpful comments from readers.
So there you have it. Pretty much all the embarrassing posts I still remember, and can’t forget. This post may have been a filler post as well…..